Snowmaking Control Room Operator
Snowmaking Control Room Operators serve a vital role in our snowmaking operations- working from the base of the mountain, operators control and monitor equipment while acting as an important communications link between snowmaking teams and other mountain departments. This is an ideal position for an applicant with excellent computer, compressor, pump and other industrial machinery skills.
Starts at $16/hour
$200 sign on bonus
Employee housing available. Please contact HR for more information.
This position runs November until mid February (weather dependent) and has the possibility to move into different positions around the resort after snowmaking has ended.
Work to support teams in carrying out comprehensive daily snow plans by constantly monitoring and operating control systems to optimize production, efficiency, and safety.
Essential duties include-
- Coordinating communications between control room, other mountain departments and snowmaking teams to provide accurate and timely information regarding supply/demand, control/safety alerts, and detail for proper gun settings.
- Tasks are primarily conducted via computer control stations- operating equipment remotely as well as locally- starting and stopping pumps and compressors.
- Responsible for recording hourly data of operating equipment and system parameters.
- As a central point of activity, operators will also track use and maintain peripheral snowmaking equipment (radios, tools, headlamps).
- Applicants must be 18 years old, with a high school education or equivalency degree.
- Position involves extensive use of computer controls. Must be computer savvy, and have excellent organizational, and multi-tasking abilities.
- Mechanical orientation is a plus.
- CPR/First Aid certification is highly desirable but not required.
- Days and hours will vary but flexibility and responsiveness is necessary and often includes night/weekend/holiday shifts.
- Timely and reliable attendance is essential.