The Snowmaking Mechanic keeps the snowmaking system and all related equipment in good working order, with the goal of getting maximum efficiency from the system.
This is a full time, year round position with comprehensive benefits package including health, dental and vision insurance, flexible spending account for both medical and dependent care, four weeks paid time off, discounted daycare and free access for you and your family to all mountain activities including skiing, golf, our onsite health and recreation center and more!
- Perform preventative maintenance on all snowmaking equipment.
- Troubleshoot non-functioning machines. This includes locating and pricing parts as needed.
- Monitor Isnow for consistency and accuracy.
- Maintain daily reports and maintenance records/documentation of all services.
- Perform all job duties in accordance with Sugarbush vision and values, making decisions that revolve around your safety and the safety of other staff members.
High School diploma, with vocational technical training preferred. At least one year experience in the maintenance of pumps and compressors. Working knowledge of vertical turbine water pumps, including basic knowledge of electrical and plumbing. Must be able to be on-call during winter months. Must be able to obtain a Sugarbush driving license. Must be able to be trained in operation of snowmobiles, groomers, and other heavy equipment. Must be able to work outside for long periods of time in various weather conditions e.g., rain, snow, wind and/or heat. Ability to gain access to remote areas of the resort with no mechanical assistance, i.e., walk in snow or wet areas, through trees, up steep slopes.