Sugarbush Resort is seeking a Snowmaking Supervisor to join our team! Snowmaking Supervisors ensure that daily snowmaking operations run smoothly by assisting with scheduling, problem resolution and job training for approximately 60 employees. Supervisors also administer and assist in planning the snowmaking-operating budget and summer construction projects.
- Supervise approximately 60 seasonal employees from crew scheduling, problem resolution, and job training, to making sure proper safety procedures are being followed.
- Plan and coordinate snowmaking operations.
- Aid in the preparation of various administrative reports and records.
- Supervise and maintain a proper snowmaking inventory, including the maintenance of snow guns.
- Follow all resort rules and policies including customer service and safety.
High School diploma, technical training in mechanics, engineering, or related field. Some supervisory experience required. Broad base of mechanical and heavy construction knowledge and skills relevant to snowmaking i.e. welding, operation of pumps and compressors, materials handling. Previous snowmaking experience preferred. Snowmaking is a very physically demanding job requiring working in cold and snowy weather, heavy lifting, high noise levels. Activities include and the operation of snowmobiles, grooming machines and chair lifts.