VP of Food & Beverage
Sugarbush Resort is seeking a VP of Food & Beverage to direct and organize the activities of our culinary team, including operations of Cafeterias, Restaurants, Bars/Lounges, and Banquets. The VP of F&B will be responsible for overseeing eight unique dining venues around the resort. This is an excellent opportunity for a dedicated culinary professional looking to take advantage of everything life at the mountain has to offer!
This is a full-time, year-round position with comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, and vision insurance, flexible spending account for both medical and dependent care, four weeks paid time off, discounted daycare and free access for you and your family to all mountain activities including skiing, golf, and our onsite Health and Recreation Center!
- Plan and direct the functions of administration and planning of the Food & Beverage Department to meet the daily needs of the operation.
- Participate with the Executive Chef and outlet supervisors in the creation and
merchandising of attractive menu designs to attract a predetermined customer market.
- Monitor and when necessary develop and implement schedules for the operation
of all restaurants and bars to achieve a profitable result.
- Ensure compliance with all policies and procedures that relate to food and beverage, as well as local, state, and federal laws and regulations.
- Serve as a member of the executive committee.
Must have four year college degree in a relevant field, and 10 years of Food & Beverage experience, with at least 3 years at the management level. Must be able to communicate in English, both orally and in writing, with guests and employees, sometimes requiring patience, tact, and diplomacy to resolve problems. Must be able to work under pressure and deal with stressful situations during busy periods. Must be able to access and accurately input information using a moderately complex computer system. Ability to work in a combination of regular office setting, outlet kitchens, and customer areas. Must possess thorough knowledge of food and beverage operations including foods, beverages, supervisory aspects, service techniques and guest interaction.