The Banquet Manager plays a vital role in Front of House operations for all banquets and group functions at Sugarbush. Leading by example, the Banquet Manager ensures that all quality standards are being met on a daily basis. They will also serve as a liason with accounting, payroll, IT, and any other relevant departments.
This is full time year round position, with a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, and vision insurance, flexible spending account for both medical and dependent care, four weeks paid time off, discounted daycare and free access for you and your family to all mountain activities, including skiing, golf, our onsite Health and Recreation Center, and more!
- Ensure standards of quality are met in all functions under Banquet Manager's control.
- Use established procedures to submit finances accurately to accounting on a weekly basis.
- Assist with timely production of BEO's and any special events.
- Use data to spot trends and act accordingly.
- Update job knowledge on continuing basis by actively seeking out educational opportunities.
- Conduct weekly meetings with staff.
- Assist other F&B outlets as needed.
- Must posses a passion for, and knowledge of foods and beverages, as well as an ability to learn all applicable state and federal laws regarding food and beverage.
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook. Ability to learn our POS system, RTP.
- Ability to communicate effectively with peers.
- Hospitality related degree or a minimum of 8 years in the field.
- Must have or be able to obtain a valid ServeSafe license and Vermont Liquor Servers License.
- Must be able to work 8 hours at a time on your feet.
- Must be able to lift 45 lbs.
- Must be able to walk up/down snow covered hill.