Email Marketing Specialist
The Email Marketing Specialist supports Sugarbush Resort and the Marketing Department with all facets of email marketing, audience creation and refinement, performance reporting, digital communications, content management, and the resort’s database. The position supports a range of resort and company digital initiatives.
This is a full time year round position with a comprehensive benefit package including health insurance, dental and vision coverage, flexible spending accounts for both medical and dependent care, four week paid time off and 401(k). Employees receive free skiing + riding privileges for themselves and eligible dependents, golf, health and recreation center membership, food discounts and more.
The well-being of our employees, guests, and communities is our top priority as we deliver enhanced operations to help combat the spread of COVID-19. To that end we have introduced a new Extended COVID Leave Policy, where, in conjunction with other programs, employees may take paid sick leave, up to a maximum of two weeks, due to qualifying reasons related to COVID-19.
- Build and deploy HTML emails for marketing, sales and communications.
- Analyze, organize and build audience lists in the Customer Data Platform.
- Maintain a consistent database of tracking information for all online email communications, open rates, click thru’s etc. and recognize opportunities to utilize content and analytics to enhance customer’s response .
- Prepare and share email marketing (and other digital) analytics and results in order to improve messaging and timing.
- With guidance from other team members implement web copy, promotional content, home page updates, ad promos, and pricing.
- Work with departments to ensure presentation and information is accurate across all digital channels (e.g. Google Business, and YouTube).
- Manage and execute updates for all sectors of the resort including content management for resort wide flatscreens, events calendar, blog and the app.
- Support Graphic Designer with companies’ digital asset management system and integrate current visual assets into platform using agreed upon tagging/keyword system. Aid in the maintenance of the photo database, ensuring proper organization and timely upload of all Sugarbush owned content.
Must be a Digital enthusiast interested in all of the working parts and pieces of digital marketing. Experience with IBM Acoustic (formerly Silverpop) or other email service provider is a plus. Must be a self-motivated team player, with ability to troubleshoot/problem solve and multi-task. Fundamental knowledge of HTML and experience with email marketing is a must.
Position involves working both indoors and outdoors. Must be able to work outside in extreme weather conditions, be safety-conscious and available to work weekend and holidays. Must be able to communicate effectively over the telephone, via computers and in person.