The Marketing Director will play a key role in implementing Sugarbush’s marketing initiatives. This role will be responsible for guiding vital resort initiatives ensuring strong revenue and sales growth, high customer satisfaction via net promoter scores, and increased market share while maintaining a strong brand image. Working closely with the V.P. of Sales and Marketing, the Marketing Director will provide valuable input into the resort’s yearly marketing and communication plan, and will execute these initiatives by supporting the department in achieving the established goals and metrics as outlined by the Executive Management team. This role oversees the delivery of a fully integrated marketing strategy for all areas of the organization, and will develop targeted marketing campaigns utilizing all platforms and media tools to achieve success. The Marketing Director oversees the marketing team and provides coaching, guidance, and goal orientated development plans for each employee.
- Working under the direction of the V.P. of Sales and Marketing, create and implement effective marketing plans that support all key resort initiatives. Develop and recommend comprehensive strategies that create and expand awareness of all resort activities and products.
- Identify target audiences, budget, and ideal media outlets for all resort areas. With the V.P. of Sales and Marketing, research and develop key new markets to grow resort as a four season destination.
- Plan advertising and promotional activities. Consistently evaluate all effective marketing tools and platforms to meet duel initiative of achieving campaign goals while delivering strong return on investment.
- Expand customer segmentation utilizing marketing database and develop new initiatives to expand advertising platforms that provide relevant content to each segment group. Utilize all media platforms to develop engaging content for each targeted audience recognizing the need to effectively target across multiple platforms based on key customer metrics.
- Develop new products, market existing products and overseeing the creation of targeted campaigns, promotions, and special events utilizing all forms of traditional and new advertising i.e. print, radio, interactive, web and paid digital.Working with V.P. of Sales and Marketing develop and guide the yearly creative direction of the resort. Weave creative into all level of campaigns to create continuity, brand equity and messaging across all promotions and platforms. Work with Department Managers to integrate area goals into creative direction.
- Supervise the department and guide the day to day activities of the marketing team. Provide coaching, guidance and feedback to all employees to meet established performance goals. Work with each team member to outline training opportunities and goals.
- Lead the marketing team and ensure department is producing a high-quality product that meets all marketing objectives and deadlines.
- Manage budget and oversee direction of advertising spend based on opportunity. Revise marketing advertising goals based on current trends to maximize success of platform while ensuring cost effective use of budget.
- Ideal candidate is pro-active, self-motivated, and enthusiastic.
- Candidate must have a collaborative working style, excellent communications and interpersonal skills, and be able to work independently or collaboratively as part of a larger team.
- Effective project management skills and ability to meet deadlines necessary. Ability to manage multiple projects and work assignments while interacting with a variety of departments and employees needed. Must be able to accomplish projects with little supervision while meeting deadlines.
- Applicant must have extensive knowledge of all facets of marketing. Demonstrated leadership, problem solving, results driven and strategic thinking. Proven track record and success in creative development, digital advertising, SEO and brand management.
- Experience managing, coaching, and leading high performing, goal orientated teams.
- Must possess a Bachelor's degree and 5-7 years of marketing and management experience. Background in ski and travel industry highly beneficial.
- Strong computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook skills).
- Applicants must submit a writing sample and a project or advertisement from their creative portfolio in addition to a resume.