Snowmaking Shift Supervisor
As an experienced snowmaker, Shift Leaders supervise a shift of 4 or more crew members in coordinating the team’s mission to deliver the highest quality of snow and an exceptional guest experience. This position of responsibility provides leadership in training, planning, and directing crew activity.
Snowmaking shifts run 12 hours on a staggered schedule of 4 days per week, with a potential for overtime.
Starting at $17/hour
$200 sign-on bonus
Employee housing available. Please contact HR for more information.
This position runs November until mid February (weather dependent) and has the possibility to move into different positions around the resort after snowmaking has ended.
- Collaboratively develop and execute a daily snow plan including: assigning tasks, transporting equipment, routing hoses, clearing gun sets/water valves, positioning/starting/stopping snow guns, and adjusting systems to maximize snow efficiency and coverage.
- Train crew and expand job knowledge of issues including: surface/trail conditions, emergency identification and procedures, snowmaking quality, safety details, mechanical troubleshooting, and guest service.
- Aid in interviewing, hiring and employee termination.
- Document activity and safety concerns through regular log reports.
- Regularly communicate with team/supervisors to monitor wind/weather, surface, and snowmaking systems in consideration of snowmaking progress/efficiency.
- Safely operate ATV/Snowmobile vehicles on designated routes.
- Applicants must have previous snowmaking experience and be at least 18 years old, with a high school education or equivalency degree.
- Ability to work long hours, outdoors, overnights and exposed to the elements.
- Must be physically able to move/operate equipment and able to lift 50-100lbs worth of equipment.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with supervisor and teammates.
- Experience with ATV/snowmobiles is preferable as is a basic mechanical aptitude.
- CPR/First Aid certification is highly desirable but not required.
- Timely and reliable attendance is essential.