Snowmaking Shift Supervisor
As an experienced snowmaker, Shift Leaders supervise a shift of 5 crew members in coordinating the team’s mission to deliver the highest quality of snow and an exceptional guest experience. This position of responsibility provides leadership in training, planning, and directing crew activity.
Snowmaking shifts run 12 hours, with a staggered schedule of 4 days on 3 days off, then 3 days on 4 days off the following week.
Starting at $17/hour, with $200 sign-on bonus. end of season bonus of $1 per hour worked for Snowmakers who complete the season.
This position runs November until mid February (weather dependent) and has the possibility to move into different positions around the resort after snowmaking has ended.
- Collaboratively develop and execute a daily snow plan including: assigning tasks, transporting equipment, routing hoses, clearing gun sets/water valves, positioning/starting/stopping snow guns, and adjusting systems to maximize snow efficiency and coverage.
- Train crew and expand job knowledge of issues including: surface/trail conditions, emergency identification and procedures, snowmaking quality, safety details, mechanical troubleshooting, and guest service.
- Aid in interviewing, hiring and employee termination.
- Document activity and safety concerns through regular log reports.
- Regularly communicate with team/supervisors to monitor wind/weather, surface, and snowmaking systems in consideration of snowmaking progress/efficiency.
- Safely operate ATV/Snowmobile vehicles on designated routes.
- Applicants must have previous snowmaking experience and be at least 18 years old, with a high school education or equivalency degree.
- Ability to work long hours, outdoors, overnights and exposed to the elements.
- Must be physically able to move/operate equipment and able to lift 50-100lbs worth of equipment.
- Strong leadership/motivational skills and ability to communicate effectively with crew is essential.
- Must have valid Drivers License and an acceptable driving record.
- Experience with ATV/snowmobiles and a basic mechanical aptitude is necessary.
- CPR/First Aid certification is highly desirable but not required.
- Timely and reliable attendance is essential.