Group Services and Wedding Planning Manager
The Group Services and Wedding Planning Manager oversees, directs, coordinates, and plans the operations of the Group Sales Department. This position is responsible for overseeing the execution of all facets of group events including but not limited to; conferences, meetings, weddings, banquets, overnights, day visits, ski clubs, and tours.
This is a full time, year round position with comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, and vision insurance, flexible spending account for both medical and dependent care, four weeks paid time off, discounted daycare and free access for you and your family to all mountain activities including skiing, golf, and our onsite Health and Recreation Center!
- Provide support and guidance to group sales team, and oversee planning, coordinating, and running of all Group Sales events.
- Organize and execute on and off mountain events. Ensure proper planning and communication with clients, execute contracts, room blocking and rooming lists, coordination of event with Food & Beverage, Lodging, and Facilities departments.
- Work closely with other departments to schedule and oversee event setup and breakdown. Coordinate staffing and volunteer needs accordingly.
- Process deposits for contracted groups, invoice clients, contracted vendors, and handle appropriate group charges and balance accounts.
- Work with the Director of Sales to manage the conference services budget.
Minimum of 18 years of age, with bachelors degree and relevant experience. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Must be able to manage multiple projects and work assignments at once, with a variety of staff and volunteers. Previous supervisory experience and a demonstrated ability to lead and develop successful employees and high performing teams. Strong computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Office and CRM software. Applicants must be proactive self starters, willing to accept a challenge and work both independently and as part of a team. Position involves working both indoors and outdoors, in an active lifestyle industry which requires ability to walk up/down a snow packed hill.