Moving Mountains Together
In the past, Sugarbush has actively tried to provide a safe and welcoming community for people of all races and sexual orientations from unconscious bias training for our staff to partnerships with organizations like the Youth Enrichment Services (YES) in Boston and Family Week in Provincetown. However, we have realized that these are but smaller pieces of a much larger initiative we must undertake as an organization. With that in mind, we are completely rebuilding our diversity initiatives from the ground up.
As we work to battle racial bias and systemic inequality wherever it exists, Sugarbush will be making an effort to create as inclusive an environment as possible, as we aspire to foster a community that someone from any background can feel comfortable working, exploring, and adventuring in.
We work to address four main areas:
Employee Hiring, Training, and Growth
- Proactively recruit employees from all backgrounds at all levels within the resort
- Conduct employee trainings for staff at all levels to better understand, interact with, and provide a welcoming experience for guests of all backgrounds
- Provide career growth opportunities for these staff
Outreach and Inclusion
- Strive to represent people from all backgrounds in our outreach initiatives
- Include these groups in planning for resort offerings including events, products, and activities
- Partner with organizations striving for similar goals to create a more welcoming and diverse industry for both guests and employees
- Ski Vermont Diversity Initiative
- Alterra Mountain Company initiative
- State of VT Racial Equity Task Force
- Develop a committee dedicated to ensuring these initiatives move forward with participation at the employee, guest, and community levels