If you’re on this page, chances are you’ve made it to the mountain or are close to your arrival. Welcome! The below information will take you through the arrival process, as well as give you an idea of what you can expect throughout your day here at Sugarbush. Before diving into the Arrival Day process, our Winter Operations page is a great place to start to see what changes have been made in the various operational areas around the mountain. Also, the state of Vermont is requiring ski areas to ask their guests to complete an attestation that they will remain in compliance with all current travel guidelines before they can ski or snowboard this winter. It's important to note that all lift tickets must be purchased online ahead of time. If you have not reserved your tickets already, please do so here.
- Attestation online forms need to be signed before you are able to ski/ride. If you have not done this already, you'll need to head to a service desk at the base of either Lincoln Peak or Mt. Ellen to complete your form.
- Credit card payment types. We are now a cashless Resort.
- Cell phone. Resort reservations and purchases, including food and beverage, will need to be done online ahead of time. The FREE Sugarbush App is also an awesome resource to stay in the know and make Resort reservations for food and beverage, Ski & Ride and rentals.
- Try not to bring extra belongings, like boot bags and loose items, up to the Resort with you. Bag and boot storage are not available this season.
- Masks/facial coverings. They’re required at all times indoors except when seated or active eating or drinking, in all lift lines, while riding all chairlifts, and outside when 6’ of physical distance cannot be maintained with another guest.
- The earlier you get here, the closer your park.
- Open aired, Jitney Shuttles will be available on weekends/holidays to give you a ride from the farther lots up to the Resort.
- Limited Valet Parking is available on weekends, holidays. The Resort is looking at offering a limited amount of Reservation VIP Parking at Lincoln Peak. Stay tuned.
- We highly recommend you hit the port-o-lets in the parking lots on your walk up to the base area.
- Please note - There are no port-o-lets at Mt. Ellen. Restrooms are located on the bottom floor of the Mt. Ellen Base Lodge and must be accessed through the back doors near Ski Patrol.
- The GMT Bus provides free transportation between our two mountains and throughout some of the Mad River Valley. Park your car and go green.
Getting Your Tickets
- Lift tickets must be purchased online prior to your visit.
- If you don’t already have the red SugarXpress Card, head to one of our Pick-up Boxes or Kiosks, located at the base of both Lincoln Peak and Mt. Ellen with your confirmation code. Kiosks can be used for season pass holders who do not yet have their pass as well.
- If you’ve purchased an Ikon Pass and haven’t received it yet, you’ll need to visit us at one of our Ticket Windows at either Lincoln Peak or Mt. Ellen.
Food and Beverage
- All indoor dining, take-out food, and/or indoor seating reservations are to be made online ahead of time.
- Ability to reserve tables, pre-order food and/or take out food is based on location.
- The Sugarbush App provides convenient access to food ordering and dining reservations for all of our food and beverage outlets.
- Be sure to check out our new outlets: 802 Burritos in Lincoln Peak Courtyard, The Lunch Box Food Truck located near The Schoolhouse at Lincoln Peak, and Nomad Café located in The Farmhouse.
- At Mt. Ellen, the Green Mountain Lounge is open for dine in and take out, and the Mt. Ellen Cafeteria is open for take out and pre order. Pre ordered food and beverage items can be enjoyed at the tables located at the Mt. Ellen Cafeteria.
Lincoln Peak Courtyard and Mt. Ellen Base Area
- Outdoor tables and seating areas with new heat lamps and firepits will be available around the Lincoln Peak Base Area to enjoy take out food and beverage items. Remember you must be seated for active eating and drinking to remove your masks.
- At Mt. Ellen, new firepits have been added around the Mt. Ellen Base Lodge, and there are picnic tables on the upper deck of the Lodge as well.
- New this year, reserve a private heated cabin for the day. Food delivery services will be offered with your reservation. Four at Lincoln Peak and two at Mt. Ellen.
- Boot rooms and bag storage will not be available this year.
- Base lodges have designated warming areas as well as bathroom access.
- Specific entrances and exits will be indicated to help with traffic flow.
- Keep an eye out for capacity guidelines upon entering all indoor locations.
- Indoor warming stations will be available in certain lodges for ticketed skiers and riders. Warming Huts can be found in the top floor of the Gate House Lodge at Lincoln Peak, and the top floor of the Mt. Ellen Base Lodge next to the Green Mountain Lounge at Mt. Ellen.
Lift Lines, Chairlifts and on the Mountain
- To encourage social distancing, you must space out from members of a different traveling party.
- Chairlifts will be loaded fully for those from the same traveling party, and at 50% capacity for those from different traveling parties.
- Masks are required at all times in the lift lines and while riding the chair lift.
- No singles lines will be available this winter, so solo skiers and riders should queue up with everyone else. You can also choose to ride separately.
- Rental skis and snowboards, as well as our demo fleet are available, but must be reserved ahead of time. Specific pick up times for reach reservation will be given to you in advance.
- Check out our Guest Services page before and during your visit for questions that are frequently asked out our information desks.
- If needed, staff will be available at both Lincoln Peak and Mt. Ellen desks to provide in person assistance.