First Timer Lesson Programs for Skiers & Snowboarders
Lincoln Peak Base Area. Reservations required at least 48 hours in advance.
Advanced reservations required, bookings must be made at least 48 hours in advance. Weekends and holidays fill up quickly, we recommend booking well in advance!
At Sugarbush, we know that once you get the feel for sliding on snow, you'll be hooked. To help you discover the joy we all can find in skiing and riding, this season we have turned our award-winning First Timer to Life Timer program into a private lesson experience, to get you out on the slopes in a safe environment.
The First Timer Program is available for one-on-one instruction, or for a small group of up to 6 family and friends ages 13+ who want to learn together. Small groups must book and take all four lessons together to be eligible for the lower pricing for additional participants. Groups must also participate in the same discipline- either skiing or snowboarding.
All participants must meet Vermont Travel Guidelines. Please review additional requirements at the bottom of this page.
The program includes:
- A series of four 2-hour private lessons to take you from fitting and getting comfortable with the equipment, to sliding on snow for the first time, to making your first turns and using lifts! For one person or for your small group.
- Rental of specially-designed beginner equipment and helmet
- Lift access in our beginner areas during the first lesson
- Upgraded lift access for the following lessons
- For participants who are new to snow sports, includes a FREE Sugarbush Premium Season Pass for the remainder of the 2020-21 winter season upon completion of the First Timer program*
Lessons and Packages 2020-2021
Four-Day Private Lesson Package
$725 per person
Four-Day Additional Person Add-On Lesson Package
$415 per person
Add-on price of $415 available for lessons with multiple participants after regular price of $725 paid for first person. Maximum of 6 guests per group, therefore a maximum of 5 guests may receive $415 package price per group.
Prices do not include Vermont sales tax
Reservations are required for all lessons. For reservations, call 802-583-6542 or email firstname.lastname@example.org at least 48 hours in advance. Lessons available only at Lincoln Peak.
* 2020/21 Premium Season Pass offer is available only to those guests for whom the First Timer to Life Timer Package is their first ever snow sports experience, and who take all four lessons within the 2020-21 season. Guests switching from skiing to snowboard and vice versa are not eligible for the season pass offer but still may participate in the lesson, lifts and rentals components of the package.
SugarXpress (RFID) cards are required for lift access at all times. They are reloadable, do not expire, and can be used for all Sugarbush pass and ticket products. They are NOT included in the prices for lessons, but may be purchased at the time of reservation for $5, or on the online store at anytime. Guests arriving without SugarXpress cards may need to purchase one before the lesson starts. Replacement cards may be purchased for $5. Be sure to save your card and bring it with you each time you visit Sugarbush!
What to wear and how to prepare for your First Timer Lesson:
- Water resistant snow pants and jacket suitable to weather and temperature
- One pair of socks (polyester or ski designed socks)
- Active-wear long underwear (anything cotton is NOT A GOOD IDEA)
- Gloves or mittens (mittens better when cold)
- Helmet (helmet rental included, but feel free to bring your own if preferred)
- Goggles or sunglasses, hat (if not wearing a helmet), neck gaiter or face mask, sunscreen
- Get a good night’s sleep, eat a hearty breakfast, and be ready to smile!
All lesson packages available for individual sale and cannot be taken multiple times by an individual unless deemed appropriate by the instructor.
COVID-19 PROTOCOLS AND AGREEMENT
All participants must confirm on each day(s) that the student is enrolled in a Sugarbush Winter Program Activity that:1) The student will not have been in close contact with a person that has tested positive for COVID 19 within the 14 days prior to; 2) The student will not come to the Resort if they have any of the following COVID 19 health symptoms: fever of 100.4F or greater, coughing, shortness of breath, chills, fatigue, muscle pain or body aches, headache, sore throat, loss of taste or smell, congestion or runny nose, nausea, vomiting or diarrhea; 3) The student will not have traveled outside of the state in the 14 days prior to visiting Sugarbush and/or the student agrees they will have met the Vermont Cross State Travel / Quarantining Guidelines https://accd.vermont.gov/covid-19/restart/cross-state-travel