General Health Policies & Protocol
Resort Safety Practices
We want to reassure you that nothing is more important than the health, safety and well-being of our guests and our staff at Sugarbush Resort. We abide by the highest level of standards, including industry best practices, state, and federal guidelines and are committed to the enhancement of these procedures to ensure the safety of our guests, employees, and community. With that in mind, we have implemented the following resort-wide policy:
- Beginning August 1st, the state of Vermont is under a mask mandate. All guests and staff must wear masks indoors, and wear masks outdoors when unable to maintain a social distance of 6 feet or more.
- Face coverings may be removed when seated at a restaurant for eating/drinking, working out in the fitness center, in the pool,and while on the golf course (excluding clubhouse area).
Visiting Sugarbush Resort
Leisure travel is open to guests coming in personal vehicles from counties within New England and New York with similar active COVID case rates to VT. The State of Vermont updates its eligible counties list every Friday here: https://accd.vermont.gov/covid-19/restart/cross-state-travel
If you are residing in one of these counties then you do not need to quarantine. Residents outside of those counties within New England and New York, those from any other state, or those traveling via train, bus, boat or plane are bound to quarantining requirements as follows:
- Those coming from unlike counties in their own personal vehicle: 14-day quarantine or a 7-day quarantine followed by a negative test in their home state
- Those coming in ways other than personal vehicles: 14-day quarantine or a 7-day quarantine followed by a negative test in a Vermont lodging establishment
- All out of state travelers staying in Vermont establishments will have to sign a Certificate of Compliance and register with the Sara Alert
Employee Safety Practices
We also take the health and safety of our staff to be of paramount importance. As we have worked diligently to keep our resort staff and assets safe, secure and operable - we have implemented various levels of health & safety protocols for these key team members.
- We have written a COVID-19 Employee Health & Safety Policy following the CDC and State of Vermont Guidelines and Requirements, and have posted appropriate signage in all of our work areas.
- We have posted notices on all entrances to all of our facilities stating entry will not be permitted to anyone exhibiting signs of respiratory illness.
- All of our Essential Persons working on resort property have completed the mandatory Vermont Occupational Safety and Health or VOSHA COVID-19 Safety Training. These same staff conduct a daily health & wellness screening, which includes a daily thermometer check.
- We have staggered work shifts, lunches and breaks, and we are adhering to mask and social distancing requirements.
- Our staff are cleaning and disinfecting their own restrooms, common rooms, offices, vehicles and equipment on a daily (sometimes more frequently) basis, which they are documenting. Our chemicals that we use are on the approved EPA COVID-19 Disinfectant List.
If you have any questions or concerns about our policies, please reach out to email@example.com.
Last Updated: 7/29/2020