Events & Activities Protocol
We have made a number of operational changes to some of our non-skiing mountain activities for the 2020/21 winter season.
Sugarbush Health & Recreation Center
The Sugarbush Health and Recreation Center is now open daily for gym, massage, and indoor pool services. The hot tub, shower, steam room, sauna, adventure zone, and rock gym will remain closed.
All of our facilities are accessible by reservation only and access is limited per State guidelines. Reservations must be made at least 24-hours in advance and can be made online or by calling 802-583-6700. Reservation time slots are as follows:
- Weight/Cardio Room: 45-minute reservation
- Pool: 1-hour reservation. Locker room is available in 10 minute increments for pool guests.
- Indoor Tennis Court: 75-minute court time
All guests are required to check-in and provide their reservation confirmation. Members check-in as they normally would and need to have their SugarXpress Card or RFID Card with them in order to be scanned. Day Guests need to show their confirmation letter upon check-in.
Sugarbush Health & Recreation Center Safety Policies
- We recommend all guests plan ahead and try not to use our restrooms when possible. We will have one indoor bathroom open on the main level for only our Gym, Studio and/or massage guests.
- Please bring your own towels, as we will not be offering a towel service this summer. Same goes for water bottles.
- Mats will not be provided. Guests should bring their own mats if they need them for training sessions.
- All seating will be removed from the pool and lobby. Guests may bring their own lawn chairs spaced appropriately by the pool if needed but must remove them when they leave.
- Face coverings must be worn at all times expect when swimming.
Snowshoes are available to rent online ahead of time, as are guided tours. For more information on snowshoe offerings visit the snowshoe webpage.
We are offering our various Cabin Cat Adventures, but with the following protocols in place:
- All bookings for these adventures are for same households only, except where noted below
- All guests must have completed the Vermont Attestation stating their compliance with the Vermont Cross State Travel & Quarantine Requirements prior to arrival
- Anyone that is unwell or displaying respiratory like symptoms will not be able to load the cabin cat
- All guests must wear a face covering or mask (that fully covers the nose, mouth and under one’s chin) for the duration of their event, except when seated for active eating and drinking or when skiing/riding allows for at least 6’ of physical distance
- No food or drink may be consumed inside the cabin cat
- Additional COVID Protocols may apply, please follow all posted signs and the guidance of the Driver and/or Guides for your booking
For general Cabin Cat questions or inquiries, please contact Lincoln Peak Guest Services at 802-583-6590 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Cancellation policies are specific to each offering.
We have significantly trimmed back our event offerings this winter, but do plan to host events as appropriate. For a full list of event offerings visit our Events Calendar.