Events & Activities Protocol
We have made a number of operational changes regarding our summer mountain activities to ensure the safety and well-being of our staff and guests.
The Sugarbush Resort Golf Club is open daily. The course is open and the driving range and practice facility are open to those with tee times. The Clubhouse, Locker Room, and Pro Shop remain closed until further notice.
Golf Safety Practices:
- Face coverings may be removed only once on the actual golf course.
- Tee times must be made, and paid for with a credit card, in advance, by phone or online. NO walk-up tee times! Please call 802-583-6725 or book online.
- Please do not arrive at the course more than 10 minutes prior to your tee time.
- Tee times will be spaced in 15 minute increments, golfers are expected to maintain a personal space barrier of 6 feet both within their group and other groups.
- Scorecards and golf tees will NOT be available. You must bring your own tees or purchase bagged tees from the golf shop. Free smartphone apps like USwing and mScorecard are great for scorekeeping. Scores can be posted online at www.ghin.com or by using the GHIN App on smartphones.
- Walking is encouraged, but golf carts are available. Two bags may go in a cart per usual but only one golfer may ride a cart at a time unless they are members of the same household. Golf carts will be sanitized between uses.
- There will be no touch points on the golf course (ball washers, rakes, water coolers, etc.) Please note that our Tee Sentry notification system will not be in use for this reason, so use caution when hitting blind tee shots.
- Check-in will occur through the shop window off of the front porch, please follow signage to check-in area.
- Bottled Water, Soda, Beer, and Snacks will be available to purchase at Check-In.
- Limited items will be available for purchase from the Pro Shop, such as golf balls, gloves, and bagged golf tees. Please order in advance when making tee time.
- Golf carts will be self-serve and will be staged on the 1st hole side of Golf Course Road.
- Post round cart drop off will be in designated area in the Parking Lot. Please remove all trash from carts and place in provided receptacle. This is necessary to reduce touch points for our staff.
- Restroom facilities will be limited to portable toilets located outside of the Clubhouse, so please plan accordingly. There will be no portable toilets on the golf course.
- Foam inserts will be placed in the cup to avoid any unnecessary touchpoints.
Hiking is open at both Lincoln Peak and Mt. Ellen. We recommend using our work roads, as we are not currently maintaining our woods trails. We ask that you please pack in and out any trash and dog waste. Please note that we do not have any patrol or first aid services available. View our hiking trail map.
Cross Country/Trail Biking
Our Beginner Lollipop Trail located near the old Warren House or base of Parking Lot F is accessible, along with some Beginner/Intermediate trails near Lower Village / Shady Lane Area. But please note we are still doing some trail work in there so bikers should ride cautiously.
We are also offering trail and e-bike rentals to help explore all the offerings around the Valley. You can learn more about the rentals, as well as private guided tours, here.
Sugarbush Health & Recreation Center
The Sugarbush Health and Recreation Center is now open daily from 9:00 am – 5:00 pm. Limiting our hours will enable us to comply with sanitization and cleaning requirements.
All of our facilities are accessible by reservation only and access is limited per State guidelines. Reservations can be made online or by calling 802-583-6700. Reservation time slots are as follows:
- Weight/Cardio Room: 45-minute reservation
- Personal Training: Length of training session.
- Outdoor Pool: 1-hour reservation.
All guests are required to check-in and provide their reservation confirmation. Members check-in as they normally would and need to have their SugarXpress Card or RFID Card with them in order to be scanned. Day Guests need to show their confirmation letter upon check-in.
Sugarbush Health & Recreation Center Safety Policies
- We recommend all guests plan ahead and try not to use our restrooms when possible. One outdoor port-o-let will be located outside near the outdoor pool and we will have one indoor bathroom open on the main level for only our Gym, Studio and/or massage guests.
- Please bring your own towels, as we will not be offering a towel service this summer. Same goes for water bottles.
- Mats will not be provided. Guests should bring their own mats if they need them for training sessions.
- All seating will be removed from the pool and lobby. Guests may bring their own lawn chairs spaced appropriately by the pool if needed but must remove them when they leave.
- We are hoping to have the outdoor pool open on June 29th.
- Face coverings may be removed when working out, swimming and when appropriate social distancing is possible.
We are not currently offering any mountain activities, including scenic lift rides, bungee trampoline, zipline, downhill mountain biking, and disc golf.