IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR FIRST TIMERS
When is the best time of year to take a First Timer Lesson?
Sugarbush has been blessed by Mother Nature with plentiful natural snow, which combined with our exceptional snowmaking and grooming provides us with some of the most reliable conditions for skiing and riding in Vermont. If the weather at home leaves you concerned about conditions or you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to call our reservations desk at 888.651.4827 for specific information.
What if I have equipment and a lift ticket?
Here at Sugarbush, our friendly rental staff has beginner-specific equipment to help make your first experience on snow easier, more fun, and more successful. If you are bringing equipment with you to Sugarbush, our coaches can assist you in making sure that your equipment fits and functions well and is appropriate for you. Though our First Timer package includes lift access and rentals for each day, pricing is available for those guests arriving with a pre-purchased lift ticket and equipment, who only need to pay for the lesson instruction.
What to wear and how to prepare for your First Timer Lesson:
- Water resistant snow pants and jacket suitable to weather and temperature
- One pair of socks (polyester or ski designed socks)
- Active-wear long underwear (anything cotton is NOT A GOOD IDEA)
- Gloves or mittens (mittens better when cold)
- Helmet (strongly recommended, available for purchase in the Adventure Gear Shop)
- Goggles or sunglasses, hat (if not wearing a helmet), neck gaiter or face mask, sunscreen
- Get a good night’s sleep, eat a hearty breakfast, and be ready to smile!