COVID-19 Operating Guidelines
Sugarbush Resort has always prioritized guest safety and comfort and understands the uncertainty surrounding COVID-19. We abide by the highest level of standards, including industry best practices, state, and federal guidelines and are committed to the enhancement of these procedures to ensure the safety of our guests, employees, and community.
- Sugarbush Resort Golf Club is open and reservations for tee times need to be made online in advance.
- Sugarbush Health and Recreation Center is open. Online reservations are required for all activities and the outdoor pool.
- Visit the summer report for the latest information on biking and hiking in the Mad River Valley or visit the Mad River Riders and Mad River Path.
General Resort Guidelines
- In addition to existing rigorous cleaning protocols, EPA approved disinfectants will be used with increased frequency on all surfaces.
- Hand sanitizer stations are available throughout the resort with a focus on high-traffic areas.
- All resort staff have completed various levels of company and State mandatory COVID-19 training. All staff undergo a daily thermometer check and complete a daily health questionnaire
- Sugarbush strongly encourages all guests to wear face coverings in resort public areas.
- We have increased resort signage to remind guests to maintain appropriate social distancing protocols.
- Where social distancing is difficult, Sugarbush requires all guests and employees to wear face coverings. Guests should be prepared to follow posted signs and/or directions from resort personnel.
- Limited capacity in public areas and restaurants to allow for social distancing based on Vermont state guidelines.
- Follow all state and Center for Disease Control (CDC) guidelines for pool and hot tub operations.
- All valet and shuttle services, turndown services, self-serve hotel coffee, fruit, and snacks are temporarily unavailable.
- Prior to visiting Sugarbush Resort, please visit the Vermont Agency of Commerce and Community Development www.accd.vermont.gov for the latest lodging information.
- Reservations are being accepted from Vermont residents and guests traveling from a county within New England and New York with similar active COVID-19 caseloads of less than 400 per million people.
- For those who are visiting Sugarbush from out of state, you will need to sign and complete a Certificate of Compliance and submit it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Those traveling from “high risk” areas may complete a 14-day at home quarantine or a 7-day at home quarantine followed by a negative COVID-19 test regardless of destination origin or manner of travel.
- Any guests exhibiting signs of illness or COVID-19 symptoms upon arrival may not be allowed to check in.
- All guest rooms will be vacant for 24 hours and will undergo a rigorous cleaning and disinfecting prior to the next arrival.
- Occupied rooms will be spaced throughout hotels and will meet State of Vermont Covid-19 lodging guidelines of 50% occupancy.
- All in-room welcome gifts and amenities are currently unavailable.
- Housekeeping will not enter a unit or guest room during a stay unless speciﬁcally requested.
- Check-in process has been modified to reduce as many touch points as possible. Information will be included in all 7-day pre-arrival email communications.
- The General Store and all retail outlets are temporarily closed.
Food & Beverage
- Reductions in restaurant capacity and waiting areas based on most recent Vermont State Guidelines.
- Contact time between guests and Sugarbush employees will be as minimal as possible to maintain safety for both parties.
- Food and Beverage service will be adjusted in accordance with current food safety recommendations mandated by the State of Vermont.
- Hogan’s Pub at the Sugarbush Golf Course plans to open July 3rd. Take out and limited on deck dining is available.
- Currently Rumble’s Bar & Bistro at Lincoln Peak is closed.
- All condiments will be offered in personal consumption form.
- All Front and Back of House employees will wear face coverings.