Vice President Mountain Operations
Sugarbush Mountain Resort is seeking to hire a Vice- President of Mountain Operations to join our leadership team. The ideal candidate is a passionate outdoor enthusiast who will embrace our mission of lifelong adventure and camaraderie, and promote our core principles of respect, integrity, teamwork and sustainability. The position requires someone who has risen through the operational ranks with a strong technical understanding of ski lifts, snow safety, snow surfaces, recreational services and resort operations. The candidate must also possess strong leadership skills as this role manages over 700 people in various departments.
This is a full-time, year-round position with a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, and vision insurance, flexible spending account for both medical and dependent care, 401k, paid time off, daycare and free access for you and your eligible dependents to all mountain activities including skiing, golf, and our onsite Health and Recreation Center.
- Member of the senior leadership team
- Key leader and business partner to resort business units
- Advisor to the resort President & COO on all resort initiatives and financial strategy
- Financial Deliverables – Ensure the annual operations plan and associated budget is designed and aligned to meet company strategies and priorities. Budget management is essential.
- Establish and frequently review operational communication, protocols and controls to mitigate risk.
- Identify operational improvements and oversee resulting plans of action.
- Direct the activities of subordinate directors/managers and ensure that all subordinate areas of responsibility support company policies, programs, and goals. Departments reporting to the Vice President of Mountain Operations include Lift Operations, Lift Maintenance, Snowmaking, Grooming, Ski Patrol, Ski & Ride School, Rentals & Repairs, Day School, Trail Maintenance, On Mountain Construction, Mountain Biking and Day Camps
- Empower, challenge and support managers to lead their teams
- Education – undergraduate degree from an accredited college or university preferred
- Significant experience (5+ years) in a supervisory role in ski resort operations
- Superior communication skills, must have both excellent verbal and writing skills
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude in the face of challenges and role model personal resilience