Events Volunteers facilitate the guests’ experience at events by providing assistance and information before, during and post event occurrences so that Sugarbush may exceed our visitors’ expectations and enhance events in the future.
Events Volunteers will perform a variety of tasks that are event-dependent. Duties could range from preparing, distributing, and running S'mores events during the day, to early morning, on-mountain preparation for ski/ride events to activity supervision, and everything in between.
In appreciation, Sugarbush will provide an all-mountain Season Pass, plus other benefits, including discounted meals at all Food & Beverage outlets and discounted access to the SHaRC.
Event Volunteers perform a wide range of duties that will result in an enhanced guest experience. Duties will depend upon the specifics of the event.
- Prepare, transport and distribute Smores at the Lincoln Peak and Mt. Ellen base areas
- Stage equipment and materials before event starts
- Direct and assist crowds during large events
- Answering questions about events at Sugarbush and Sugarbush info in general
- Checking-in/registering participants for events
- Organizing and handing out prizing at the end of events
- Helping to keep the event area tidy
The most important qualifications for being a Sugarbush Events Volunteer are:
- Enjoyment in relating with people and comfort in representing Sugarbush Resort
- Appreciation for the special nature of our mountains and the Mad River Valley
- Passion for fun and enthusiasm for learning more about Sugarbush events, programs and activities
- An eye for detail and the ability to think quickly under pressure
- Ability to meet the varying duties and commitments of the program, from pre-production through clean up
- Ability to safely and strongly ski/ride Intermediate to expert terrain preferred in some cases (must have a ski & ride evaluation).
Events Volunteers must be able to fulfill the requirement of 10 full volunteer days or 20 half days (or mix and match- for example 5 full days and 10 half days) during their first year. Must also attend a new hire orientation and have a ski & ride evaluation.