Day School Teacher
The Sugarbush Day School is seeking a Teacher to join our team! The Day School is a state licensed day care for children ages 6 weeks to 6 years of age. In addition to having the necessary professional requirements, we are looking for candidates who are energetic, fun, and have a genuine love for children. Position will begin at the end of August.
This is a full time year round position with a comprehensive benefit package including health, dental, and vision insurance, flexible spending account for both medical and dependent care, four weeks paid time off, discounted daycare and free access for you and your family to all mountain activities including skiing, golf and our onsite Health and Recreation Center, and more!
Teachers are responsible for the development and facilitation of programs for specific age groups (Nursery, Toddler, or Pre-K). Day School teachers provide direct education and child care services, develop and implement curriculum, and communicate with parents about programs and progress of children. Teachers will make decisions about the operation of an entire room or group of children relating to: education, entertainment, discipline and scheduling. Teachers plan and implement activities to meet physical, emotional, intellectual and social needs of children.
- Passionate about working children.
- Flexibility and ability to work in a team environment.
- Must be physically able to perform the job of a teacher of young children (i.e. able to lift up to 50 lbs., sit on floor with children, kneel on floor).
- Must be able to exhibit professionalism at all times with peers, parents, and supervisors.
- Must be able to work up to possibly five days per week, which includes weekends and holidays. Room leads will at most times work a 4 day work week, working 10 hour days.
Per the State of Vermont Regulations:
- Applicants must be at least twenty years of age and meet one of the following qualifications:
- CDA, or Associates Degree in Early Childhood and two years experience with groups of children.
- BA/BS with four higher education courses in early childhood related topics and two years experience with groups of children.
- Three years successful experience in a licensed facility and four higher education courses completed in early childhood related topics.
- Three positive child care references.
- Annual CPR Certification. Biannual First Aide Certification.
- Minimum of twelve hours training annually, focusing on the skills and competencies related to the ages or developmental stages of the children in the Caregiver's Group.
This position is subject to a background check, and fingerprinting, a criminal records check will be performed on all applicants offered employment. An offer of employment is contingent upon the results of the background check.