Talented young skiers (13 & under) are invited to compete in a highly challenging and technical run down Castlerock’s infamous Lift Line. Join us for the 4th Annual Jr. Castlerock Challenge, a qualifying event for the main Castlerock Extreme Challenge and part of the Ski The East Freeride Tour.
- Open to 110 competitors up to 13 years old.
- Preregistration begins January 7th
- Competitors MUST have a lift ticket, or season pass. Parents are responsible for getting competitors to and from the event.
- 7:00 AM - 9:30 AM Bib pick-up/check-in (Gate House Lodge on the Second Floor)
- 9:00 AM Judges' Meeting (Gate House Lodge on the Second Floor)
- 9:30 AM Competitors' Meeting (Gate House Lodge on the Second Floor)
- 10:00 AM Event starts (Top of Lower Birdland)
- Heat 1 (8 and under) starts at 10:00 AM
- Heat 2 (9-11 yrs) starts no earlier than 10:30 AM
- Heat 3 (12-13 yrs) starts no earlier than 11:00 AM
- 2:00 PM Awards Ceremony (Outside Valley House)
Format and Judging
- One run per competitor
- Youngest age category first
- Competition format will consist of one competitor dropping into course every 2 minutes (may change depending on whether and judges.) If you miss your start time, it is up to the discretion of the starter if you will get to run. Re-runs will not be offered.
- There are three judges stationed along the course with each having a different vantage point. Judging criteria are:
- Difficulty and execution of line
- Quality of turns
- No refunds for disqualified competitors.