Sat, Mar 4
Expert skiers and riders are invited to charge the cliffs and drops of Sugarbush’s toughest terrain in the 20th Annual Castlerock Extreme.
A stop on the Ski the East Freeride Tour with a cash purse of $1,000, the Castlerock Extreme is the ultimate challenge. Awards for top three men and women competitors, and Big Air winner. SEFT/IFSA judging criteria will be used.
10 spots for pre-qualified junior contestants. Reserve your spot online, registration closes Thursday, March 2 at MIDNIGHT.
*Please note: at the four main Ski The East Freeride Tour events, no skier age 14 and under (as defined by January 1, 2016) will be permitted to register/compete, unless they have prequalified via one of the 4 Junior Qualifier events. The top 8 skiers from each junior event (32 in total) will qualify for five of the six main STEFT stops. All juniors who are qualified will need to pre-register at each STEFT event to guarantee a spot.
Lift ticket or season pass required for lift access.
$80 Non-pass holders (includes lift ticket)
$45 Pass holders
- Registration and bib pick-up will be in the Castlerock Pub from 7:30 AM - 8:30 AM. You will be required to sign an event waiver. (Anyone under age 18 must have a parent or legal guardian present to sign their waiver. You can also pre-print and sign the waiver.)
- Castlerock will open to competitors for practice starting at 9:00 AM. Competitors are allowed one inspection run. Taking multiple inspection runs could result in disqualification.
- Mandatory competitor's meeting will be held on the deck of Allyn's Lodge at 10:30 AM.
- The course will close at 10:15 AM and the competition will begin at 11 AM.
- There will be no line cutting for competitors. Please plan your practice and warm-up runs accordingly.
- Awards will be at 4:00 PM in the Gate House Courtyard. Results will be posted on our website.
- Ski hard and ski your best, but ski IN CONTROL. Know your ability and know the code.