Hotel Custodian Lead
We are recruiting for a Custodian Lead to work at Clay Brook, our premier luxury slope-side residency. This is an excellent, full-time year-round, entry-level Supervisory opportunity. This is an evening position that will be instrumental in the oversight of the evening housekeeping staff, guest needs and building care.
This is a full time year round position with a comprehensive benefit package including health, dental, and vision insurance, flexible spending account for both medical and dependent care, four weeks paid time off, discounted daycare and free access for you and your family to all mountain activities including skiing, golf and our onsite Health and Recreation Center, and more!
- To assist with the day-to-day operations of the Custodial team including general cleaning and floor care, rest room care, removal of trash and recycling, vacuuming, steam cleaning and carpet cleaning of public spaces.
- To provide training and inspection of the work of Custodians; reporting safety and maintenance issues for timely resolution.
- To oversee the seasonal cleaning and weekly/monthly tasks of the common areas throughout the building.
- To maintain logs and maintenance schedules on cleaning equipment, operate equipment competently and reports defective equipment for repair.
- Leads are expected to perform daily departmental communications and participate in weekly Lead meetings.
- Assistance with maintenance projects, housekeeping services and cleaning other facilities as needed are also expected.
Must be a minimum of 18 years of age. Valid drivers’ license and ability to meet requirements to obtain a Sugarbush License desired, though not required.
High school degree, or equivalency, and a minimum of 1 year prior experience are desired; previous supervisory, janitorial and/or hospitality experience preferred.
Basic computer knowledge is required.
Candidates must be available to work weekends and holidays as needed; should be flexible enough to roll with resort business levels, as activity ebbs and flows.
Self-motivation, punctual attendance and reliability are essential and attention to detail is a must.
Physical requirements include the ability to regularly grasp, reach, stoop and bend; must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
Occasional outside activity may require exposure to adverse weather conditions.
Knowledge of, or ability to learn, proper use of cleaning chemicals and equipment with strong attention to safety is required.
This position is subject to a background check, a criminal records check will be performed on all applicants offered employment. Continued employment is subject to the final determination reached based on the results of the check.