Vehicle Maintenance Master Technician
The Vehicle Maintenance Master Technician services, repairs and maintains a variety of resort vehicles. Working independently, as well as part of a skilled team, this position presents an excellent opportunity to utilize a wide range of mechanical skills. Master technicians demonstrate professionalism in all aspects of their work, setting an example for apprentices and journeymen level mechanics.
- Diagnose problems and, with the Vehicle Maintenance Manager, then decide what repairs are needed.
- Develop a diagnostic procedure routine and utilize technical services in troubleshooting.
- Perform routine service and preventative maintenance tasks on company vehicles in order to maximize safety and longevity while becoming more proficient and experienced at specific task.
- Order and look up parts.
- Maintain clearly written records of all maintenance and repairs made.
- Planning and assigning work; conducting training.
Ideal candidate will be an ASE certified Master, with 5-8 years of relevant mechanical experience, or no certification and 10-12 years of experience. Vehicle Technical School education, knowledge of electrical, hydraulics, welding and fabrication skills are required. Must provide own tools.
Requires ability to strictly follow defined safety procedures/policies and use many types of safety equipment (eye protection, ear protection, hard hat, mask, etc.) Must have good reading and writing skills necessary for keeping and maintaining records. Maintaining a high level of organization and cleanliness in work space is also essential to job safety and performance. Work is primarily in a shop, but applicant must be comfortable working in adverse weather conditions and be available for "on-call" periods during winter operations. Must be experienced in operating various trucks, cars, snowmobiles, 4-wheelers, and capable of completing training/retraining. Requires ability to lift up to 70 pounds.