Human Resources Policies
Employees are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner at all times, demonstrate a positive attitude, and show respect for co-workers, our customers and their property. Fellow employees, customers and visitors must be addressed courteously and respectfully.
Sugarbush Resort will not tolerate conduct that creates an intimidating, offensive or hostile environment.
Looking presentable on the job is important in making a good impression on our guests. Employees are expected to dress appropriately for his or her position and work environment.
This includes, but is not limited to:
- The highest standard of personal hygiene
- Cleanly groomed facial hair
- Jewelry that does not interfere with safety or job performance
- No visible body piercing including tongue rings, nose rings, eyebrow rings, etc.
- All tattoos must be covered so they are not visible
- A neat haircut is essential. Extreme looks such as fad hairstyles; non-traditional dyeing, bleaching or tinting will not be permitted. Dreadlocks are permitted, but they must be pulled back.
Please keep in mind that due to the service nature of our business and the close quarters of our work environment, we need to be sensitive to our own body odor. Strong perfumes, musks, body odor, etc. can be disagreeable to customers and other employees.
Smoking, and the smell of cigarette or other smoke, can be offensive. In order to provide a healthy, comfortable, and productive work environment, smoking is permitted only in designated smoking areas. Smoking while at work is prohibited within the view of customers. All efforts should be made to minimize the smell of smoke on employees and on company property.
Commitment is an important part of teamwork. We expect our employees’ attendance to be timely and reliable.