Jobs at Sugarbush Resort
Title: Sous Chef
Type: Full Time Seasonal
Sous Chefs serve as a hands-on leader in all areas of the kitchen from quality food preparation to assisting with kitchen staff oversight, daily menu planning, inventory control, and kitchen sanitization. Our kitchens are professionally run by dedicated and skilled culinary enthusiasts; join our team in preparing the finest foods, offering our guests a phenomenal dining experience with often unique and local flair. As adherents to the movement to support local agriculture, Sugarbush is proud to bring the farm to the table providing unique seasonal dishes that take advantage of Vermont's many food offerings- frequently with organic ingredients.
· Supervise and train immediate kitchen staff: Cook I, Cook II, Utility and Dishwashers.
· Work with Executive Chef/Kitchen Chef to evaluate employee performance/standards.
· Regularly plan for and manage the organization of production areas, including the setting-up of stations according to kitchen guidelines, safety standards, and production needs- adjusting accordingly for special dining events and business levels.
· Plan menus efficiently with a diversity of foods while maintaining good food/labor costs.
· Prepare food to standards of the highest quality, always with the best presentation in mind, in a timely and efficient manner.
· Oversee sanitization/order of stations for food preparation and closing out at end of shifts.
· Assist in cleaning and maintaining order of walk-in cooler/food storage areas.
· Manage control of inventory- ordering/stocking items as needed and to meet future needs.
· Communicate effectively with chef/cooks/waitstaff to ensure accuracy, quality and timeliness.
· Work cooperatively, efficiently and effectively as part of a dedicated and dynamic team.
· Continually develop cooking skills/methods and master a variety of cuisines.
At least 3 years cooking experience with a demonstrated supervisory capacity. Excellent utilization of knife/equipment skills and safety knowledge. Adherence to all safety and sanitization/hygiene standards is essential. Must be able to succeed in an often fast-paced environment, have a demonstrated ability to actively work as part of a team, and be able to work standing in a confined area for extended periods of time. Requires ability to lift 30 to 50 lbs. Must be able to create/organize cost effective menus. Timeliness and reliability are absolutely essential, as is availability to work weekends/holidays.
Reports To Food & Beverage DirectorApply Online Now >